We often find when chatting to prospective clients that they’ve implemented a few environmental initiatives like carbon offsets or reducing plastic use and are looking for how else to develop their environmental strategy. While this is great in practice, businesses often need to take a step back as putting objectives in place is not the first step in developing an effective strategy. You need to start by identifying your environmental aspects, ie your business activities that have an impact on the environment. This is where we can help.
A Sustainability Health Check is designed for businesses who are looking to improve their environmental performance and need a bit of help with defining what that strategy looks like. Our health checks are a first step gap analysis and have been developed in line with internationally recognised certifications like ISO 14001 & B Corporation and include:
- A meeting with key representatives within your organisation to understand your business priorities and what you’re looking to achieve, which can also be carried out remotely via video call
- A site walk around of your head office to understand how your business works & to identify your key environmental aspects & impacts (Please note that during this time of social distancing, we will not be carrying out site visits but are still able to gain an understanding of your business and relevant environmental aspects via video call.)
- A full report, including tailored recommendations for reducing your environmental impact and providing a simple and practical plan for implementing these changes
The site visit or video call will take between 2-5 hours depending on the size and complexity of your business and you will generally receive your report within 3 weeks. If you have opted for a video call, we generally allocate 1-2 hours as appropriate.
As a part of your Sustainability Health Check, we will cover the following areas:
- Leadership Commitment
- Environmental Policies & Procedures
- Communication (both internal & external to the business)
- Environmental Objectives & Targets
- Employee Engagement
- Supply Chain Engagement
- Clients & Stakeholders
- Triple Bottom Line Strategies (people, purpose & profit)
- Continual Improvement
You can choose to implement any recommended changes yourself or we can support in developing your strategy, either in part or in full. It’s entirely up to you. Remote Sustainability Health Checks start from just £699 and we will be donating 10% of this fee to our local food bank until the end of May.